Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The State Fair of Texas

 So Alex had the day off of school on a Monday this month, so I decided to take him to the State Fair. I called my good friend Mrs. Angy Pipes and asked her and her two boys to come along with us. She has to have two of the cutest boys I know. They are so sweet.





 So we hop in the car and Angy puts Fair Park into her nav on her phone. It took us to somewhere in the area, but close only counts in horseshoes. And "close" in that part of town is not where you want to be. Although, we did see 7 Habitat for Humanity homes being built on 1 street. Really made me wonder how many of them were there. The only reason we knew they were HFH was that they were being built and there were signs in the yard, so just how many of them are HFH. I mean, 7 being built at one time?!?!?!



 This is Alex goofing off in the car show building. One of my best shots of him the entire year.


 Alex and Charlie hanging out. Charlie is just the sweetest kiddo. Alex liked him a lot. Angy's other little one is not so little. His name is Jake. He would pose for a photo if I made him, but he was usually way too cool to be seen sitting still for a camera.


This is the best shot of the day.  Charlie just hopped up on the firetruck and posed like that. So cool.

Below is Jake. He totally forgot about playing it cool when he got in the Cadillac CTSV didn't he? Silly Bugger. We did have a scary moment with Jake. We had stopped to try the Fried Butter.  I know, I know, just saying it makes me cringe. I tried one, decided I absolutely loved it, and then decided I was going to have a heart attack right there on the spot, so I didn't have anymore.  But I would have..........

Anyway, I have Alex and Charlie by me and I look up to see Angy walking across the fairway to a trash can.  Jake is right behind her. One her heels practically. Next thing you know, Angy is back and looks at me and asks, "Where's Jake?"  I say,"He was right behind you."  You can imagine how this played out. We stood still for a bout 5 minutes just calling Jake's name thinking he would obviously be close enough that he could hear us. Then after 10 minutes the real worry starts to set in. I stay still with the boys while Angy starts wandering around the fairway looking for him. 15 minutes later, we were both looking at each other knowing that internally we were both just about to lose it with panic. There was an off duty police officer that joined our hunt. Long story short, they found Jake by the pet pavilion. The officer said this was a little ways down the fairway. After hugs and a stern talkin' too, we went on our way. Well, we couldn't believe it when we got to the pet pavilion. We were nowhere near this thing. It was a good 5 minute brisk walk away from where we lost him. I'll never figure out what that kiddo was thinking, but I am sure glad we found him!


 Below is Angy in her (show host announcer voice) BRAND NEW CAR!!!! Well not really but she had fun pretending. She loves the new Ford Explorers.


All in all, it was a good 13,000 calorie day at The Fair. We had a good time, but Alex was DONE by the time we left. He actually told me he was tired of walking, his feet hurt, and he wanted a nap. That's when I know I did it right!

No comments: