Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter!



I don't know where I get it from, but one of my favorite things is just to be with people I love. A house full of people. It doesn't have to be for a particular purpose, but if I went off inviting people over all the time for no reason, Allen and I would never have down time!  So for Easter, I thought it might be nice to gather the family together. In my head it started small, not because I didn't want everyone there, but I just assumed there was no way I could get the entire family together in one place. I thought we would have Allen's family and a couple of my extended family there. Well word spread (ok I spread it!) and to my surprise, pretty much everyone could come.  So in the end it was a bigger affair than I had initially thought of, but it sure made me happy. I don't think that all these people on my side of the family had all been together in the same room at one time in a decade. 

The weather started out great.  Cool and sunny. Then all of a sudden the storms came in and lightening was hitting right in the back yard. After the fact, I found out a tree right behind our house was struck and went down. I don't think I have ever been that close to lightening.

So below are a few shots from this awesome Easter day!


Love of my life.

Even Chopper got some eggs
 
Cindy
 
The Roberson Clan sans Leroy.  he hates getting photos taken and he was scowling. You have to be sneaky to catch him smiling.

Scott tried to make him smile.....
 
SO, the big joke in my family is that my Mom is horrible about taking photos. She is always talking, has her mouth open, or her eyes close. We give her such hell about it. Note she is the only one not looking directly at the camera.  Know why?  She was giggling. Know why? Cuz' she was talking!

THAT is why I dubbed this picture: PERFECT
 
Thought this one was good though.
 
Mr. Munn!

I call this one "the poor man's Easter egg hunt'.  Scott would distract Alex and Allen would steal eggs out of his basket and put them back out to find. Look how intent Alex is on Scott. Poor kid......he has no chance does he?
 
Dad tells me there is no such thing as a good photo of him. I disagree.
 
Great shot of the entire bunch (sans me.  Someone had to take the picture!)


No comments: