Sunday, September 21, 2008



So the bad weather brought my Uncle Larry and (we call her) Crazy Aunt Sandie here to visit us from Houston. On Sat. night, we took them to our favorite BBQ joint, The Hard Eight, out in Coppell.

The Hard Eight is this huge place out in the middle of nowhere. OK, Coppell is not nowhere. I should say it is a huge BBQ place in a spot where you just would not expect someone to erect an almost stupidly enormous BBQ place that is somehow, every time we go, full.

We had a good time. Hung out for a bit and had our meal. I had the ribs. Best thing they do. And that was it!

Sadly, this was the most exciting thing we did all weekend. (No offense fam! Just, life sure changed on me quick if going out to eat is the most exciting thing I did. Of course, sleeping these days is pretty exciting too)

Allen is out playing golf today with Jason for Jason's birthday, so I a just sittin' in the house with The Monster, watching him and thinking of all the things that need to be done, and then deciding I would rather avoid them, just like I did yesterday. You never know, I may just get motivated and sweep the floors. Or just go nuts and do some laundry!
Here are some pics from din din. Enjoy!




This shot would be great.......if Allen's eyes were open!












2 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

how come we've never gone here with yall? i've never even heard of it. LOL! we should go sometime soon. i hope you bring the monster with you on sunday.

The Patterson Family said...

For the first time, I think The Monster looks like you! In other news, why does your sweet baby have Satan's eyes?? --Jack