Sunday, September 14, 2008


This weekend was eventful.
On Thursday night, we decided it was finally time to put Alex's high chair together. We were lucky enough to find one that somewhat matches our kitchen furniture. Thus far in this adventure we call parenting, we have been lucky enough to avoid a living room that looks like a rainforest themed circus came through pottery barn and threw up. I am sure that will change though. We can only avoid that for so long.



On Sat. I got up very early to get downtown. (Does 6:30 come twice in a day on a Saturday? I could have sworn I have only ever seen it on the PM side of the clock...) I am on the committee for the American Heart Association here at work, and every year I get involved in the Heart Walk. This year, I not only duped Allen into coming, but he swung by and picked up Nina D and came downtown to see everything with The Monster. So he was working hard too.
The weather was awful. We were expecting hurricane Ike to hit us pretty hard. It was windy, warm, and humid. The perfect combo for a grrrrrreat hair day. It was pretty gross. There was a constant feeling of dew on you at all times. But the show must go on, at least according to my buddies at the AHA. (Thanks guys)


Nina D checking out the boy

He's a company man......

Alex and his future wife, Kennedy

We just relaxed the rest of the weekend away. After Saturday morning, we were pretty worn out. Allen and I were actually looking forward to some good storms and rain from Ike but we seemed to miss all the excitement here. We barely got any rain at all!
That's it for now. I'll check back soon!
You can leave comments if you like but don't even think about correcting my spelling or grammer! Not a good move.........

3 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

Too stinkin' cute! I can't believe he is already in his high chair! Man, time has flown already! He'll be driving before you know it.

The Patterson Family said...

There's one aspect of your blog that is incorrect! My son, Luke, already has dibs on Kennedy!! Jack

Shamrockie17 said...

I missed seeing you at the Heart Walk. It was fun despite the weather. Timothy came too, and we saw your company's huge booth! We walked behind some of your people. Ahh, maybe I'll see you next year. ; )