Monday, October 6, 2008

Beer, Baklawa, and Blood Work - The Weekend Update


This weekend was busy with bachelorette parties and birthday celebrations.

On Sat. night, we went to Chris and Stacy's bachelor/bachelorette party. I have never been to a joint one before, but this one was super fun. Chris and Stacy went all out and rented a party bus to chauffeur us all around for the evening. I personally could have hung out with everyone in the darn bus all night. I loved it! Chris and Stacy are getting married in Mexico this month and we wish them the best! (Even though I a sure they don't need it. They are a match made in Heaven!) For obvious reasons (ahem ahem) I will not be including too many photos from the party! But I can share a few!


Amanda and I in the bus. Jason and Amanda, goofing off!

Annnnnnnnd, as I just now spotted the very subtle middle finger in the background of Amanda and I's photo, I am going to halt any more sharing about Sat. night right now! Leave it to Allen to ruin every photo ever taken by always succumbing to the apparently irresistible urge to stick his middle finger in it. Allen, don't act as if it could be anyone on the bus who did that. That ring (and that finger for that matter) looks awfully familiar.

On Sunday, we went my with my parents to a Lebanese food festival in Lewisville. It was hosted by a small church. The weather was perfect, so we sat outside and enjoyed our kabobs and tabouli. And afterwards we had some balawa and other things I can't spell, much less pronounce. When we were done, I could not wait to get home and nap off the night before. The Monster was over at Nana's house and although I missed him, it was a much appreciated break. I needed that nap. (How did I get so old!?!?)

On Sunday night, it was time to get together to celebrate Bobbie's birthday! We went to The Flying Fish over off of Northwest Highway for some casual seafood. Since the weather was nice we sat on the patio. Stacy, Scott, and Allen shared oysters on the half shell. Ick. And then we all had some form of battered and deep fried goodness.

Pleh.



The Monster. He is so big. He is almost 6 months old but I am having to buy 12 month old clothes for him.

Bobbie so rarely lets anyone take her picture, I thought I would document my accomplishment here. (Sorry Ma)

So in the past few weeks, I have been dealing with some strange issues. I have been getting headaches, fatigue, and more often than not, when I stand up from sitting or lying down, I have to pause for a moment so make the dizziness go away and my vision come back. (This poses a particular problem when my boss asks me to come into his office and I get out of my chair and just stand there. I couldn't see anything and when my vision returned, he was standing there giving me the strangest look......) Allen and I have made the medical observation (Board Certified thank you very much) that I seem to be anemic. I have my annual doctors check up tomorrow, and I am going to ask him to do some blood work on me. Now, most of you who know me are probably quite shocked that I would make such a request since it's fairly obvious I would rather go fishing with Scott Peterson that volunteer to get stuck by any type of needle for any reason, but that is how bad it is getting. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have a strong feeling that I am either anemic, or do not have enough iron in my system. (Or is that the same thing?) I'll keep you posted.

XOXO


2 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

LMAO! Send me your pics! The one I have of you and I has Aubrey's finger in it! Since when did the finger become so cool! LOL!

HAHA Board Certified! I hope that your Dr. can figure out what is wrong with you soon!

Marteel said...

Anemic or pregnant, which would you prefer? Either way hope everything turns out ok.

I LOVE finger pics!