Friday, October 31, 2008

They come in groups of three.....

So, the joke in my family is that car accidents and tickets come in groups of three. Someone better look out: two down, one to go.

Wednesday I went to my parents house to pick up The Monster after work, and when I pulled down to the end of the driveway, my Daddy-Do was there looking pretty pissed off with himself. In the course of loading his bike onto the trailer, he had managed to scratch his bike up pretty good. One of those, you only have yourself to blame but incredibly irritating just the same, moments.

SO! This morning I go to drop Alex off at my Mom's and.......... I pulled down to the (now cursed) driveway.........I open my door to get out, I open Alex's door to get him out, and I open the trunk to get out his stroller for my Momma to use. Close all the doors (or so I thought), got in the car, and proceeded to back down the driveway. Well, I missed a door, and as I back down the driveway, I ran the passenger side rear door into a crepe myrtle. Poor tree was just sittin' there minding it's own....

I would like to point out that this is the 2nd time in my life I have mangled some poor tree with a motor vehicle. First time was Colorado with a snowmobile when I was 16. BUT! I digress......

So from the second I hear the damage being done until the time I hit the brakes, the tree and my car had a major disagreement about who was going to move, and it looks like the tree won since the tree is still standing and my car door is bent so far back the other way, I can't close it. (If ONE more person calls me Tommy Boy today I swear to God...............)

After a few loud expletives and a moment to breathe, I calmed down enough to take my Mom's car to work. Isn't that brave of her!?

So when I come back from work to pick up the boy after work today, I get to watch the tow truck load up my poor Murano and drive off with it. Props to the husby for making sure they used a flatbed instead of a regular tow. I don't even have to ask him....I know that is his doing.


The scene when I came home
My handy work.
Bungee cord holding the door together

On another note, I heard it was good to start reading to your children early. So, since I am going for parent of the year, I was looking for the below books. Can't seem to find them in my local bookstores. Anyone know where I could get "Horton Hears a Ho" or any of the other great books shown below?
Happy Halloween all. I bet I don't forget this one.
















I know I am tacky! I could not resist.

1 comment:

Amanda Hopper said...

oh my dear k8! poor murano! i hope you get it back soon!!!