Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Patio and The Pond

To follow up on last week's post:



I DID go to the doc. I let her know of my symptoms and she gave me two very comforting pieces of news. 1) I want to stress that what you are telling my is NOT normal and 2) I'd like you to go to a cardiologist and have your heart looked at. So I left that visit all warm and bubbly. I have not made the appointment for that but I will this week.




On the way home, Allen called me to let me know I needed to pick up The Monster, because he had ALSO been to the doc and received some bad news. Allen has been having some pain in the ball of his right foot. This was going on two months so he finally went to see the doc. It's not certain yet, but the doc thinks Allen stepped on something and his body rejected it. By rejecting it, he meant, his body basically encapsulated it inside Allen's foot. Eww. ;( So Allen left the doctor's office with an M&M sized chunk missing from the ball of the bottom of his foot. It has been a week and he is still in pain!

I will continue to update on my condition. I am actually curious to go to a heart doctor. A stress test could prove interesting.



On Friday night, we grabbed Joe and Teresa and went to the patio on Ozono (on Greenville). We had Alex with us and the weather was so nice, we stayed quite a while and enjoyed ourselves. Joe was very hurt to find we had a blog and he wasn't on it so, I promised that I would put a pictures of Joe and the boy up. BUT since I took the picture with my iPhone, and Apple makes sure that most processes outside of iTunes are very difficult, I can't seem to post those pictures. (sorry Joe). But they were VERY cute I promise.



On Sat., Allen and I got up and spent some time during the day with Alex. I feel like I barely get to see him during the week. So we played on Sat. and napped and played....... It was my Dad's rugby alumni weekend and I always make it to see some part of the game and festivities, but the day just kept moving on and in the end, I went to see him for about 15 minutes. I would have liked to stay longer but we already had other plans!



We dropped Alex off at Nan's and went to meet Brady and Katy on the patio at Ozona (AGAIN!) It's a great patio and the weather has been so nice at night. I certainly didn't mind.We went to Sherlocks for a bit after that and headed home at midnight.




This morning, since Nana had Alex, we took advantage and got up a bit early to get a few things done before we go to Vegas next weekend. The Koi pond needed some work so Allen went outside to work on that. The filter was leaking and well, the plants are in sad shape. Allen fixed the filter so that it works like a geyser! Or less dramatically - so that it works properly.


The Geyser!


The new filter (and the installer!)




We put a beta out in the pond. He, surprisingly, holds his own with the Koi and is certainly not scared of us!






The big boys




We call the yellow and black one Skeletor. He is the most outgoing. The fish will come up and let you "pet" them (like in this pic) but Skeletor is certainly the dominant one out of the group. He is also the biggest, and the youngest.

1 comment:

Amanda Hopper said...

sorry we didn't come out last night. as you texted me, we were already heading to dinner w/my brother and haylee.

i'm sad that i missed sherlocks; you know i love that place! LOL!