Monday, October 27, 2008

Took my camera to the reunion, didn't use it once.

Allen and I had our 10 year high school reunion this weekend. Wow...never a dull moment. I did actually have my camera with me but......most of the time, it seemed like a better idea to end the conversation quickly and walk AWAY! There were three groups of people as far as I am concerned:
1) the people you were close to and, for some reason, just lost touch through the years. You are genuinely happy to see these people and catch up.
2) the people you were not close to, but obviously, they were unaware of this fact, and continue to hug and talk and talk and talk.......You are genuinely confused by these people and want to back out of the corner they managed to get in in imeeeeeediately.
3) then there are the people who you look right at while you are intending to walk by because you have no recognition of them at all. In fact, you are assuming this must be the spouse of someone who graduated in your class. Then there is a moment when you realize, that not only do you not recognize them, but they FULLY recognize you and proceed to hug you and call you by name and ask you about things that you didn't think anyone there knew about. You are immediately concerned that your memory is failing, and wonder what it was you did that these people remember you for.


When typing this email, I was worried I might offend some of the people in group 2, but then again, they obviously are unaware what group they are in so......no worries.


My favorite moment of the evening was when Travis Endsley told me that for a good 9 years or so, he truly believe that Allen had written the song "Amazing" by Lone Star for me and then got lucky enough to have it picked up and published. Now, I do have a story about that story (if that makes sense!) so the accusation/compliment really threw me. Besides, they have obviously never spent ANY time with Allen................ ;)

I do know that there is at least one picture of Kathryn, Patrick, Allen and I on her camera, which is funny since I have tons of pictures of us together and they are the one couple I got photos taken with at the reunion! I'll post it as soon as I get my hands on it. It is after all, a good photo for the record books.

In other news, my friends Kristie and James had their baby girl this weekend. She and Kristie are both fine. Just thought I would post the pictures she sent me of her since she looks so lovely!
She was 6 lbs. and 14 oz. and was a pretty tough cookie to her very tough mommy.

Her name is Piper Marie Miksch









Congratulations Kristie and James!


No comments: